A complete deviation from vintage, but I have to brag on Isaac! Not only is he the most wonderful partner in life and business, he is an absolutely astounding cook. Here is what he whipped up for my Sunday brunch this past weekend with some random items from the pantry and fridge. Just for me, he made this quiche/tart with a super thin crust and went heavy on the veggies and light on the eggs. Yummie!
Sunday Brunch Roasted Veggie Tart
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 11 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 small russet baking potatoes, in-peeled, cut into 1/2" wedges
- 1 medium leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes, each cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tyme leaves
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream
CrustSpray dish with non-stick canola cooking spray.
Thaw Ezekiel tortilla and press into bottom and into sides of an 8"-diameter cazuela (earthenware Spanish paella dish).
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 400°.
- Place potato wedges in a small saucepan and fill with water to cover. Heat on medium-high until boiling, reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork but not falling apart.
- Toss the pepper pieces in one tablespoon of oil and spread evenly on one end of the pan. Toss the tomato halves in a tablespoon of oil and place face up on pan. Repeat with leeks and parboiled potatoes. Roast vegetables in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place potato wedges over bottom of crust. Scatter vegetable mixture over the potatoes. Scatter thyme and goat cheese. Place tomato halves on top, open side up.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a small bowl; season lightly with salt and pepper. Slowly pour egg mixture over vegetables. Scatter remaining 1 tsp. thyme on top.
- Bake until filling is set top is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.