Perfect Harmony - A 1940s Asian-style Jacket and an Asian Garden

While Isaac & I were in Portland a couple of weeks ago, we were lucky enough to make it out to the Japanese Garden.  It is truly an amazing place - so peaceful and beautiful.    When we returned home, I was inspired to bring out an Asian inspired 1940s jacket that I'd been keeping in our backroom (where I keep the spectacular items that I just can't let go of) and share it with you.  

Stunning silhouette with wide shoulders and a nipped waist.
Hand-rolled toggles using the same fabric as the jacket.
Glamorous wide, asymmetrical sleeves.
Golden silk with a classic woven pattern.
Fishtail peplum back.

This amazing jacket is available in the shop!


I think the photos from the Japanese Garden speak for themselves.  I hope you enjoy them.










And, yes, I do realize that the jacket is a Chinese-style and the garden is Japanese...
but I was inspired nonetheless. :-)

1 comment:

  1. That jacket is gorgeous!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger..." style="border: 0" />