Treasures from the Liberty Antiques Festival

     On our way to Asheville this past weekend, Isaac and I stopped off at the Liberty Antiques Festival (a twice yearly antiques show that covers a huge field).    While almost all of the tents are filled with antique furniture and smalls, there were a handful of booths with vintage accessories, jewelry, and few pieces of clothing.   Despite the lack of vintage clothing, I was still able to find a few treasure that I just wouldn't leave behind.  

The first tent we stopped into had a huge collection of vintage purses and jewelry, along with more linens than I've seen in one place.  

Vintage purses.  The navy & white 1940s telephone cord purse HAD to go home with me!
More vintage purses.  It was killing me to leave some of them behind (especially the red & white cloth with the black celluloid handle).
One of the three cases filled with bakelite!  Sadly, it was all too much for my budget.  

I had intended to take lots of photos to share with you, but...alas...after this first booth, I was way to distracted with looking, shopping, and playing to remember to snap away.


And here are some of the goodies that found their way home with me...

A few vintage display pieces for some upcoming pop-up shops.
Left: A 1940s navy & white telephone cord purse.
Right: a 1930s black felt cloche hat.
A 1920s rayon knit flapper jacket with miles & miles of fringe.
I love pieces like this...they can easily be paired with a vintage dress or with a pair of jeans.
It is going to take a little work to restore it, but it will so be worth it!


1 comment:

  1. Is the black cloche still available for sale?

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger..." style="border: 0" />